The goal of the Chicago Studies Resource Portal is to make Chicago-focused scholarship—from BA Theses to quantitative data sets—readily accessible to all. On this portal, and with your help, we hope to curate a wide variety of data pertaining to the history, culture, politics, people, and more of Chicago.
To access the entire scope of our collection, visit the Resource Portal tab. There, you'll find snapshots of data that you can click into for instant access. If you have a specific inquiry or topic of interest, then browse our filtered selections (i.e. Neighborhood, Topic, and Sources). Moving forward, every sub-filter will link to multiple relevant data sets.
So, what can you do next?
- Take a Chicago-focused class, or sign up for the Chicago Studies Quarter in the spring.
- Apply for an engaged resource support grant from UChicago Urban Network and Chicago Studies.
- Sign up to participate in engaged research with a community organization.
- Submit your own research or interesting findings to the Resource Portal.
- Check out opportunities to directly engage in the life of Chicago’s diverse communities, such as Jane's Walk or the Deep South Side Bike Tour.
- Explore the Chicago Studies Certificate to to meaningfully integrate academic inquiry with positive impact in Chicago.
- Discover job and volunteer opportunities with Chicago-based organizations.